Empowering you to live the life you choose
What is Support Coordination?
The NDIS defines Support Coordination as:
“a capacity building support to implement all supports in a participant’s plan, including informal, mainstream, community and funded supports. Support coordinators work creatively and resourcefully with participants in how they utilise their support budgets to achieve their goals”
It means that Support Coordination is available to help participants navigate the NDIS so that you or your loved ones are able to get the most out of your funding.
There are three levels of Support Coordination:
- Support Connection
Short-term assistance to implement your NDIS plan, including identifying service providers and negotiating Service Agreements.
- Support Coordination
Longer-term support to build your capacity to navigate the complexity of services and supports you need from a range of providers.
- Specialist Support Coordination
Specialist support coordination where you have a more complex situation.
How PFCA can help
PFCA provides Support Coordination to assist people with disability and their family or support network to navigate the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
PFCA’s expert Support Coordinators will help you how to understand and implement your NDIS plan and how to make the most of your approved NDIS funding. Our Coordinators will support you in accessing the right supports and services identified in your NDIS Plan and coordinate all of your supports, including mainstream, informal, community and funded supports. We will assist you regarding the best value and right services. It’s YOUR choice.
PFCA Coordinators will assist you to explore your options and develop confidence in integrating with your community whilst working with you and your support network.
Our Support Coordination team aims to build your capacity to undertake tasks associated with the management of your own supports.
Our Support Coordinators will also:
- Connect you to a range of supports and services identified in your plan through engaging with a range of providers for Direct Supports
- Help you to understand the NDIS, your NDIS plan and service agreements.
- Engage professionals for assessments and training to support you.
- Create Service agreements between you and the chosen service and assist you in amending the agreements as required
- Help you and your family to understand the NDIS pricing guide and locate value for money services for you.
- Educate you and your family about your responsibilities under a service agreement.
- Help you to achieve greater independence in the long term so that you can self-direct and manage your service Assist you in creating a detailed financial plan.
- Work with you to review your supports and goals.
- Help you to find opportunities to be a part of the community.
- Assist you to resolve any conflict or issues with service delivery
- Provide the NDIA with reports as required so that you can focus on the living that you want
If Support Coordination is included in your NDIS plan, there won’t be any out of pocket expense. It is funded in the ‘Capacity Building’ support category of your plan. If it is not there, you can request a review by the NDIA. Our Support Coordinators are here to help.
People’s First Choice Australia is all about empowering and supporting people achieve their goals in life. We take pride in the work we do and in the quality of personalised services we provide.
When you first make contact with People’s First Choice Australia, be assured that you will be warmly greeted warmly by our staff provided with any assistance you may require that meets your individual needs.