Your Path to A Better Life
People’s First Choice Australia offers a range of life skills supports that are designed to help people with a disability live active, healthy and independent lives. Our programs are customised to your individual needs and interests.
Through our Life Skills program we support you to develop everyday life skills that increase independence and control in your daily home life. Our caring and experienced staff will work together with you to develop your confidence and independence that will empower you to get the most from life.
Depending on your goals and needs, we can develop a program to support you with:
- Household management
- Learning about renting
- Household care
- Laundry and clothes care
- Personal care and hygiene
- Organising and attending appointments
- Nutrition, such as shopping for groceries and preparing healthy meals
- Preparing a nutritious weekly menu
- Shopping for groceries
- Cooking and healthy eating
- Hygiene and personal care
- Support to join and participate in local exercise classes and sporting clubs
- Relaxation techniques
- Learn a new happy
- Proactive behaviour and assertiveness - speaking up for yourself
- Road safety
- Help to use public transport such as trains, trams, buses, taxis
- Planning your journey
- Connecting with other people
- Expressing your opinions, make decisions and respect others, while building your confidence and self-esteem.
- Developing relationships
- Friendships and group work
- Personal presentation
- Support to join local groups which are based on your interests
- Visiting local community centres
- Eating out
Why Choose People’s First Choice Australia?
- We are a disability specialist and a registered NDIS Provider
- Our staff are friendly and respectful.
- We make sure that your NDIS plan is based on YOUR needs.
- We have a range of services customised to support people with disability.
- YOU get to choose what YOU want and need.
- We have local knowledge about locally available resources;
- We support you to access a wide range of support services in your local area.
- Our staff are highly experienced and receive ongoing training to ensure that they continue to remain on top of their profession.